Forever Dance Alaska’s Covid-19 Mitigation Plan
ANY PERSON WITH SYMPTOMS CONSISTENT WITH COVID-19 MAY NOT ENTER THE PREMISES.
Participants must agree not to participate in a dance class or activity if they:
- Are exhibiting the current CDC recognized symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Have knowingly been in contact with a suspected or positive case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Are within 72 hours of exhibiting significant COVID-19 symptoms or a fever.
- When recovering from a case of COVID-19, are less than 14 days from onset or less than 72 hours since the end of significant symptoms or fever.
- Have not been in the state for 14 days symptom free if Health Mandate 10.1 – International and Interstate Travel – Order for Self- Quarantine is in effect.
Participants must agree to inform FDAK administrative staff if they have tested positive for Covid-19 within seven days of participation in any activity associated with Forever Dance Alaska so that other participants can be informed that a fellow participant became sick and they should monitor for symptoms and practice recommended social distancing measures.
Guidelines for Teachers
- Adjusted passing time between groups to allow for safe transitioning and sanitizing.
- Staff to wear face shields when teaching and maintain safe distancing.
- Wash hands/use sanitizer before each class.
- All touch point surfaces including door handles and will be sanitized before each class.
- Class size limited to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Mats, props and ballet barres will be used sparingly and sanitized between classes.
Restrictions for Dancers and Parents
- Parents are to drop off and pick up only as the lobby will remain closed to viewing. Online payment is encouraged, but a parent may accompany their dancer to purchase gear, pay tuition and sign paperwork as needed. Please wear a mask while in the lobby.
- Preschool and kindergarten dancers should be walked in and out of the studio by one family member.
- Staff will be at main entrance before and after class to ensure dancer safety.
- Dancers must be fever and symptom free for 72 hours before returning to class.
- Wash hands before classes. Sanitization stations will be available throughout the studio.
- Water fountains will remain closed until mandates allow. Dancers should bring water bottles clearly labeled with dancer’s name.
- Masks are optional while dancing but are recommended for all dancers while outside of the dance rooms.
- Dressing rooms will remain closed until social distancing guidelines are lifted. Dancers should come dressed and ready to go for class. Dancers should bring all necessary dance shoes and gear in a dance bag that will stay with dancer.
Forever Dance Alaska WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR IN STUDIO CLASSES EXCEPT in the following situations:
- In the event an FDAK staff member becomes sick with COVID-19, the studio facility will be closed for 14 days in accordance with CDC guidelines. Classes will be held at their regularly scheduled time via Zoom.
- In the event an FDAK student becomes sick with COVID-19, the studio facility will close for 48 hours in accordance with CDC guidelines. Classes will be held at their regularly scheduled time via Zoom.
- There will be NO refunds/discounts given for Zoom Classes.